Videos by OutKick
Houston GM Nick Caserio continues to ask teams for a package of six players and draft picks, ESPN reported Sunday.
Watson is being investigated by authorities and the NFL after 22 active lawsuits were filed earlier this year alleging sexual assault and inappropriate behavior.
The quarterback is inactive for Sunday’s season opener against the Jaguars, with veteran Tyrod Taylor starting for the team.
ESPN reports that potential trade partners have been unwilling “to meet Caserio’s asking price without attaching conditions to the picks because of the ongoing investigations by the FBI, Houston Police Department and NFL into Watson,” who has denied all allegations.
No charges have been filed, and Wason’s attorney Rusty Hardin has said that Watson has spoken to the FBI about possible extortion allegations concerning one of the lawsuits.
“In April the FBI came to us and told us they were investigating a matter in regards to whether one of Mr. Buzbee’s clients committed extortion,” Hardin said. “If you can find a lawyer who would let his client talk to the FBI if his client did anything wrong or had any exposure, I would be very, very surprised.”
Hardin said Watson has not yet spoken to NFL investigators because they haven’t asked to talk to him but said the quarterback will cooperate with the NFL whenever they do.
The 25-year-old Watson is slated to earn $10.5 million this season before a four-year extension worth $156 million begins in 2022, the New York Post reports.
To read previous coverage on this topic, click here.