Videos by OutKick
While a transgender swimmer is dominating collegiate swimming, a transgender ‘Jeopardy’ genius named Amy Schneider has been destroying contestants during an 18-game win streak that has seen the Dayton, Ohio native win $706,800. Schneider, who transitioned in 2016, is now being called the game show’s top all-time female earner.
Amy’s 18th win, which aired Christmas Eve, ran her earnings total over that of biological female Larissa Kelly, who earned $655,930 during her Jeopardy career.
“Well, it was fun to hold a Jeopardy record for a few years…but it’s been even more fun to watch @Jeopardamy set new standards for excellence, on the show and off. Congratulations to Amy on becoming the woman with the highest overall earnings in the show’s history!” Kelly tweeted.
Schneider, who works in the Bay Area as an engineering manager, gladly took credit for obtaining the female record.
“Thanks so much, I’m honored to be in your company, and I look forward to some day watching the woman who beats us both!” Schneider responded.
The lovefest continued with Kelly piling on the praise.
“I hope there will be a long line of such women, but you are certainly setting the bar extremely high for them! (And holy hell, that’s before any tournaments…can’t wait to see the fireworks to come!)” she noted.
In a December 7 tweet thread, Schneider opened up about her life as a biological man and her life.
• Born in Dayton, OH
• Was named “Most Likely To Appear on Jeopardy” while in school
• Went to Chaminade-Julienne High School in downtown Dayton
• Attended the University of Dayton
• Got married to an actress who did standup comedy
• They moved to Oakland in 2009
• “In 2016, my father passed away, Kevin Durant joined the Warriors, my wife and I split up, I realized I was trans, and Trump got elected. It was quite a year!”
• Got divorced in 2016, stayed friends with the ex-wife
• Transitioned in 2016
• Started dating a woman in February 2021
• They completed their family “when we adopted a cat, Meep.”
Current Jeopardy all-time earnings list:
Brad Rutter $4,938,436
Ken Jennings $4,370,700
James Holzhauer $2,962,216
Matt Amodio $1,518,601
David Madden $763,733
Amy Schneider $745,200 (as of December 27)