The restaurant reviews keep rolling in for Thirteen, the yet-to-be-opened Houston restaurant owned by James Harden. It now has up to 138 reviews, most from disgruntled Rockets fans. Harden, who was traded Wednesday night to the Brooklyn Nets, is still on schedule to open the doors January 22, even though he’s playing in a new city.
According to Eater, diners can “look forward to decadent, upscale riffs on comfort food dishes like fries spiced with Old Bay and drenched in Maryland crab cream sauce, deep-fried red snapper, and a Harden-inspired dish called the Sun Devil, which involves roasted oysters topped with creamed collard greens and candied bacon.”
Even though they haven’t tasted the food, Rockets fans keep pouring out salty comments in retaliation for Harden forcing his way out of town.
Here’s a sampling of the Thirteen restaurant reviews that are showing up on Google:
• Literal trash just like James Harden
• Food was ok but for some reason the food left me feeling like I was chooking the whole time
• Terrible food.
• They won’t sell out of food; but apparently owner did.
• OWNER SUCKS! FOOD SUCKS TOO!
• Owner just can’t close out a championship meal.
• I asked for a refill 27 times, and they failed to give me one. Pathetic
• Chocking hazard when you get to the end of the meal. in my opinion
"James Harden definitely had a pregame meal." 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/nczoFAomTY
— Chris Montano (@gswchris) January 13, 2021
• The owner abandoned his restaurant just like his team.
• The owner kept coming to my table and blaming it on the chef. We even got a new chef in the middle of our dinner, then he got rid of him before dessert.
• I had to ask 27 times to refill my drink… I got zero refills
• Toxic owner, food just never comes out finished. definitely a choking hazard. Owner walked out on the chefs he brought in himself. wouldn’t touch this place with a 4-mile long pole.
• Dishes come out the kitchen hot, but will get cold when it counts! Food crumbles in crunch time!
• Appetizers were hot and great! But leading up to the main dish, the one dish that matters most, constantly would come up short. The dessert, the supposed great ending to any meal, was just disrespectful and left an awful taste in my mouth.
• The food was sub-par and made me bloated and overweight. This in turn led me to start mailing it in at work when I decided to show up. That led me to start calling out my coworkers and demanding to work somewhere else… Now I went from being top dawg at my old company to just an overweight role player in my current position. I think I’ll start sowing seeds of discontent soon to get out here as well. It’s safe to say I don’t care to ever see 13 again.