There's nothing so satisfying as installing a new ceiling fan after battling the old one for a couple of years
There's a good chance one of you normal guys has something going on in your house that needs a simple fix, but you're a guy and you're going to keep battling and not give in. I was in this position with a remote-controlled ceiling fan that worked via a weird combination of remote control button pushes that would finally cause the light to switch on after five minutes of screwing around with the damn remote.
But, since I'm a guy, it didn't bother me that much. It was a challenge to see if I could get it to work before my wife. The fan finally gave out back in March, and the game was finally over. No more family meals in the dark. The old boy came down and the new Hunter fan from Menards went up Sunday morning. Should it have been replaced back in March or earlier? Women will say 'YES,' while us guys know that's not how we're programmed. In fact, never trust a guy who is on top of the to-do list his wife has for him. He's a complete fraud, and she should be super suspicious.
Anyway, the grand illumination was amazing. My days of fighting that damn remote are over. I don't have to hear my wife remind me she can't get the ceiling fan light to work. I don't have to hear the kids say they can't see their Play-Doh creations come to life. I can finally see the meat I'm about to inhale after a grill session. Life is better again. The kitchen ceiling fan has been replaced and all is well again in the Kinsey household.
• Boy, Cleveland/the NFL blew the budget on their musical performers during Thursday's Draft festivities. Somehow event organizers were able to snag Kings of Leon to perform. Talk about a huge get. The Black Keys weren't available?
• Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Penei Sewell will not be in Cleveland to get their hugs from vaxxed up Roger Goodell. Zack Wilson, Mac Jones and Trey Lance will be in Cleveland to hug it out with the commish. Others scheduled to attend include: Christian Barmore of Alabama, Gregory Rousseau of Miami, Ja’Marr Chase of LSU, Rashawn Slater of Northwestern, Caleb Farley of Virginia Tech, Devonta Smith of Alabama, Patrick Surtain II of Alabama, Jaylen Waddle of Alabama, Micah Parsons of Penn State and Kyle Pitts of Florida.
• Ever had beers with your neighbor while he's operating a garage sale? I did Saturday and didn't want to be a complete idiot as people walked up so I shoved my Busch Light can in a pair of kids rain boots he was selling. Yep, the lady walking up and her daughter grabbed them to look, but not before my neighbor snagged the beer can out of the boots. That story would've ended up on the city Facebook page for sure.
• Nothing brings out the neighbors like garage sale beers. One thing led to another and we're all having a chat session on a Saturday morning. Mike down the street even led a group of us through a Q&A on the new backyard stream he constructed with fieldstone boulders that another Mike across the street wanted out of his yard. Suburbia 101, folks.
• Did you buy the Bitcoin dip? It's back up 8% and you won't be hearing any bitching and moaning from that community today as the crypto coin nerds flip their coins for suburban houses.