Videos by OutKick
This gas situation in N.C. and across the mid-Atlantic is getting real interesting
If you thought the Great Toilet Paper Hunt of 2020 was something, try finding gas in North Carolina right now where over 70% of the gas stations in Charlotte and Raleigh are without gasoline. At the pace the stations were on Tuesday into this morning, you’re going to have some serious panic setting in today as the tanks run dry and people start to get real desperate despite what the experts — Gas Buddy Guy — say about the supply not being in trouble if people would just fill their tanks to half.
Whereas the toilet paper hunt went on for an extended period before the TP supply caught up to demand, this gas thing is not expected to last very long.
Officials at the federal level told a Durham TV station that “a large part of the pipeline resumed operations manually Monday, and Colonial should be able to restart most of its operations by the end of the week.”
Look, each week there’s a theme. This week it’s gas. There have been other themes like NFL Draft week. The Woke All-Star Challenge Week. March Madness tip-off week. Clay sells OutKick week. This week, we’ll go nuts with fuel shortage memes and photos, and seven days from now it’ll feel like the great fuel shortage of 2021 was like six months ago. That’s how this works. So let’s have some fun here, let’s fill up our landscaping gas cans so the yard can be manicured, and realize a week from now we’ll have a new theme to rail on about. This is temporary, folks.
• Speaking of gas, prices are now at a 7-year high just in time for your summer trip in that RV you rented a year ago to get away from it all after a stressful COVID year. The national average now sits at $3.008 per gallon.
• Dallas at Tampa Thursday, September 9. That’s the official NFL opener this year, and I hope it takes its sweet old time getting here. I’ve filled up three out of four weekends in June, and July will be equally as busy. In this part of Ohio, NFL season can wait. I need that sunshine, those patio nights where it’s that perfect temperature at 10 p.m. and maybe a shandy here and there while listening to the brood x cicadas do their thing. There should be plenty for everyone. Trillions are supposed to emerge this summer. Get ready, that’ll be a theme week too.
• NFTs are still going strong. A group of nine CryptoPunks characters sold this week at Christie’s for $17 million. I’ll just be over here minding my business contributing a little money here and there to a retirement fund and thinking about that nine-hole course I’ll hopefully be playing five times a week here in the not-so-distant future. The NFT nerds can do their thing. I’m out, dawgs.
• We’re opening up our ancient in-ground pool today. It’s time to see if this old girl has one more year in her before she turns into a graveyard for whatever junk I can throw in the eight-foot hole. We’ll keep easing her along and let the kids do their thing before eventually bringing in the excavators to Old Yeller this thing. The fingers are crossed. Time to see if she’s ready to crank up again.
Numbers from :
BREAKING: 71% of stations in metro Charlotte are without gasoline.
— Patrick De Haan ⛽️📊 (@GasBuddyGuy) May 12, 2021
Stuff You Guys Sent In & Stuff I Like:
Vaccinated 😎 @AEWonTNT @AEW #vaxjax pic.twitter.com/jFzF9VOkNO
— Arn Anderson (@TheArnShow) May 11, 2021
Which one should I wear to the @GoYardGoats home opener tonight?? pic.twitter.com/3nEwAFump6
— Suzie Hunter (@TheSuzieHunter) May 11, 2021
@JoeKinseyexp Baker, clearly not working with the WR's, in the off-season…#browns5-12 pic.twitter.com/eNaprzDRkk
— lanaevoli (@lana_evoli) May 12, 2021
This #Sho is getting GOOD#WeBelieve I @Angels pic.twitter.com/zi6asPjXMi
— Bally Sports West (@BallySportWest) May 12, 2021
The moment every baseball fan has been waiting for: a Drew Robinson bomb! 💣 @Drewrobbb
T3 | SAC – 4, LV – 1#ClawsUp pic.twitter.com/abX434fcRZ
— rivercats (@RiverCats) May 12, 2021
Are they too young to be doing this drill? pic.twitter.com/lA8G9U86Wx
— Young Black Jesus (@Zeekncashe) May 11, 2021
Ronda Rousey’s first UFC card is quite the collectors Item….. pic.twitter.com/uOsDoCOnlV
— BeatinTheBookie.com™️ (@BeatinTheBookie) May 11, 2021
— TeeOhEmm (@TeeOhEmm) May 12, 2021
The stupidity has begun pic.twitter.com/VwYSVCHNbr
— Bryan 🇺🇸 (@swimmerbr78) May 11, 2021
GAS STATION FIGHT: Man & woman brawl outside Marathon gas station on US 64 in #Knightdale.
Witness tells @WRAL a woman tried to cut the line, hit a car & spit on a man while yelling. The man got out of his car and spit back at the woman. No word yet on charges. (🎥: Shaaddeez) pic.twitter.com/NPWbPNI5ub
— Joe Fisher – WRAL (@JoeFisherTV) May 12, 2021
Texas Fans, our Yuengling Lager recipe is officially in the Lone Star State. We'll #BringTheGoods to a bar near you this fall. 🦅 pic.twitter.com/b9WtvsZSLr
— Yuengling Brewery (@yuenglingbeer) May 11, 2021
RIP, Ozone Layer (2 Billion BC – 1987). pic.twitter.com/vNVIoMMIwS
— Super 70s Sports (@Super70sSports) May 11, 2021
Been away for the past few months. What did I miss? pic.twitter.com/Dzl2MMImD0
— GameStop (@GameStop) May 11, 2021
Who knows which broken bones Evel said “hurt the worst”? Anyone #evelknievel #guinessbook #Daredevil pic.twitter.com/hb3zSjxleX
— Evel Knievel (@evelknievel) May 10, 2021
Malcolm-Jamal Warner has been jammin' on the one since Aug. 18, 1970. Today, the 'Cosby Show' star is 18,530 days old, making him the same age as Wilford Brimley on the day 'Cocoon' was released. Congrats @MalcolmJamalWar! You've reached the Brimley/Cocoon Line. pic.twitter.com/xfNPoSqUA7
— Brimley/Cocoon Line (@BrimleyLine) May 12, 2021
Still working on my gain-of-function research for this crispy shrimp burger in an effort to get it to more people. pic.twitter.com/dvYPvSxwA0
— Chef Andrew Gruel (@ChefGruel) May 11, 2021
7 CommentsLeave a Reply
I’m hoping we get some of that Yuengling Hershey Stout out here in Tejas.
Wow, chock full of content today:
* Emma, shut up about your GD empanadas. In fact, eat more of them; you’re too skinny.
* Drew Robinson, maybe the most inspiring sports story of my lifetime. Hope he makes it back to the majors.
* Shohei Ohtani is the best thing to watch in the MLB right now.
* I don’t think my kids are going to be built for, or have any interest in, football, but if they did and I were at that practice, they’d be gone right then and there. What is the point of having kids that young do that drill, other than to get them hurt?
So agree about the Empanadas.
And any shortage brings out people’s true character.
Kid should have gotten lower. Oh wait, he still would have been trucked.
This gas thing is really frustrating. I’m driving 35 miles everyday because my special needs daughter is in the hospital. Now I have to worry about if I’ll have gas because of these idiots. Don’t you remember the toilet paper debacle?
I could never call anybody that skinny, young, and blonde the queen of empanadas. Sorry.
Well lets hope the nature boy doesn’t get blood clots wooooooo