Donald Trump to Call Alternate Broadcast of Holyfield vs. Belfort on Saturday Night

Former President Donald Trump has signed a contract to call a gamecast of the Evander Holyfield vs. Vitor Belfort boxing match on Saturday.

The report comes from ESPN Boxing and MMA reporter, Mike Coppinger, who notes that Donald Trump Jr. will be joining his father for the gamecast. The highly-anticipated bout will take place at the Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood, Florida on Saturday night. The event is a promotion of Triller Fight Club and will be available on FITE TV for $49.99.

Trump shared a lot of excitement for the match and said that you won’t want to miss what he has to say at ringside.

“I love great fighters and great fights,” Trump said. “I look forward to seeing both this Saturday night and sharing my thoughts ringside. You won’t want to miss this special event.”

The match was originally scheduled to be at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, but had to be moved after Holyfield, 58, was not cleared to compete by the California State Athletic Commission. Holyfield (44-10-2, 29 KOs) has not had an official boxing match since 2011.

Meanwhile, Belfort, 44, replaces boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya in the match. De La Hoya tested positive for COVID-19 last week and therefore cannot compete on Saturday.

Belfort rose to prominence in Dana White’s UFC, becoming the Light-Heavyweight Champion during his MMA run. Belfort has boxed in only one official match, a knockout win back in 2006.

Written by Nick Geddes

Nick Geddes is a 2021 graduate of the University of Central Florida with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism. A life-long sports enthusiast, Nick shares a passion for sports writing and is proud to represent OutKick.

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply