Videos by OutKick
Aaron Rodgers, who still hasn’t been publicly photographed with his fiancée Shailene Woodley, is now out saying his “next great challenge will be being a father.” Rodgers, appearing on an Instagram Live with Zenith Watches, started talking about how he’s looking forward to taking care of a child.
“I’m in that age group where a lot of my close friends from high school and college are fathers now and have families of their own,” he said. “It’s maybe not in the immediate future but definitely something that I really look forward to.”
Ten days ago, I told you guys something was completely off about Rodgers and Woodley, who says she’d never seen a football game before dating Rodgers. Now they’re engaged and she hasn’t even been to a Packers game. Add that on top of Rodgers saying his “next great challenge will be being a father” and you have a big ‘ol I don’t believe any of this sandwich.
“I’ve done a pretty good job at taking care of myself for the last 37 years and look forward to taking care of another life at some point too,” Rodgers continued. “I just think it’s going to be so fun.”
I’m going to break this down for Rodgers on how things are going to go since he seems to be completely clueless as to what his “next great challenge” will be — unless he’s somehow knocked up Woodley.
- I get that Shailene is so gosh darn quirky and she’s an actress and different and just not like the ordinary women out there…blah, blah, blah. She turns 30 in November. I don’t care how quirky, different or not like the other women out there. That wedding, if it even happens, will be the next great challenge in Rodgers’ life. Trust me, bro.
- Again, I get that Shailene is quirky and different, but choosing a honeymoon destination will be another great challenge. Rodgers might think that he can just let Shailene pick a pipeline they can go protest together, but she’ll want him involved in the decision-making process. Does he want to protest a Canadian pipeline? A pipeline in North Dakota? Or perhaps they want to get real wild and go protest Brazilian deforestation. The place they choose to protest together will forever hold special meaning in their hearts. The future wife wants her forever love involved in that process
The first year:
- This is the settling-in stage, and it’s another great challenge. The buzz of the wedding and the honeymoon wears off, the husband and wife settle in with yard work around the house, maybe a couples vacation, trips to the gardening center and the addition of a Goldendoodle to the marital residence.
- Rodgers acts like he’s ready to be a dad when he hasn’t even taken care of a Goldendoodle who needs to do photoshoots at the pumpkin patch, at grandma and grandpa’s house, at the lake, etc.
- Does Rodgers even comprehend the humping schedule he’ll be on to produce that offspring he wants to raise? If he hates training camp, he’s going to get annoyed real fast with scheduled humping and how it’s like going in to get treatment on a hamstring.
Picking out the name:
- Another great challenge for Aaron. Remember, bro, your wife has all sorts of street cred for being quirky, different, creative, blah, blah, blah. Don’t be shocked when the baby boy is named Echo Fidel-Jupiter Rodgers.
The baby shower:
- Do you go? Do you throw routes with the guys? Golf trip? Do you show up to put the presents in the Tesla Model X?
- You’ve finally made it to your “next great challenge” and 4 a.m. Saturday mornings with Echo Fidel-Jupiter while mom sleeps. Good luck.