The Toronto Blue Jays announced that on June 1, its home location will move to Sahlen Field — the home of the organization’s Triple-A affiliate Buffalo Bisons.
The Blue Jays will host fans in a limited 24% capacity at Sahlen Field, in accordance with local and state guidelines.
- Fans aged three years and older must present proof of full vaccination (received at least 14 days prior to the day of the game) or a negative COVID-19 test result (from a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the day of the game or a rapid antigen test taken within six hours of the game’s scheduled start time).
- Complete information on documentation and timing for proof of testing and vaccination available at bluejays.com/healthandsafety.
- Tickets sold in pods of up to four seats, spaced a minimum of six feet apart.
- Mobile ticketing only to limit fan touchpoints.
- The ticket purchaser for the seating pod must transfer individual tickets to each guest in their seating pod for gate entry.
- Symptom screening and temperature check prior to entry.
- Face coverings required at all times for fans aged two years and older, except when actively eating or drinking in their designated seats.
Tickets for the club’s first eight home games vs. the Miami Marlins on June 1 and June 2, Houston Astros from June 4 to June 6, and New York Yankees from June 15 to 17, go on sale on May 13.
The Blue Jays played the majority of their 2020 regular-season home games at Sahlen Field, finishing 17-9 at home.
“To prepare Sahlen Field for MLB regular season home games with fans under COVID-19 health and safety protocols, the Blue Jays and Bisons are undertaking a jointly funded renovation project, including the following upgrades that will be completed before June 1,” the team said in a news release.
This includes moving the bullpens from off the field to behind the outfield walls, new batting cages built beyond right field, resodding the outfield grass, completing a full field replacement that began with the infield in 2020, new weight room and renovated clubhouse facilities and LED light bulb replacements plus two additional temporary lighting poles.