Demi-Leigh and Tim Tebow have a problem with their “kids.” Thursday it was Golden Retriever Kobe receiving a lecture from his Miss Universe 2017 mother. Demi-Leigh said on Instagram Story that Kobe, Chunk (the Bernese) and Paris (Dalmatian) definitely have one major issue at the moment.
“This is the sixth bed in two weeks that have been torn up,” Demi-Leigh wrote. “PS: they go for an hour run every day, have tons of toys and spend most of their day running and playing outside.”
Hmm, what could be the issue with the Tebow Pack? (Yes, the trio has an Instagram page in case you need a triple shot of positivity in your life.)
There’s a good chance this is Kobe telling mom that he doesn’t appreciate being left with Chunk and Paris while she goes about her day. Those of you who’ve had Goldens know they tend to tell you things by chewing trim in your house, leather, beds, anything they can get their mouths on. These three are still pups who will pup for at least another year or so. The Tebow Pack debuted March 26, so it’s not like they’ve grown out of the destroying beds stage.
However, six beds in two weeks seems to extreme. Orvis.com says there are some solutions the Tebows should try.
For anxiety-induced chewing:
- Identify and then eliminate stressors that set off your dog.
- Use a synthetic dog pheromone product.
- Leave on a television or radio when you’re gone.
- Engage in behavior therapy.
For boredom-induced chewing:
- Exercise your dog.
- Occupy your dog with easily accessible dog toys while you’re away.
- Continue redirection training recommended for puppies.
- Upgrade your gear—chew proof dog beds could be the answer.
- Use a deterrent spray.
Heading into the holidays, this will be the Instagram Story you should have your eyes on. The Tebow Pack vs. Heisman and Miss Universe. Who will win?