The Daily Outkick: Thursday, December 19, 2019

Winners And Losers From The 2019 Early Signing Day (247 Sports) The work that Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State did to get atop the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings was done well before Early Signing Day. This article is more about the actual winners and losers of the Early Signing Day, and less so the winners and losers of the class of 2020.

Republican Party Sets Fundraising Record Amid Impeachment Battle (Fox News) The RNC told Fox News that this is the best November on record in party history.

Clay Helton Has To Answer For USC’s Massive Recruiting Failures (The Big Lead) As of Wednesday, USC’s 2020 recruiting class ranks 12th in the Pac-12 and 77th nationally.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Explains Why She Voted “Present” On The Articles Of Impeachment (Vox) Gabbard said she couldn’t vote for “the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country.”

With Nods To The Past, Gerrit Cole Embraces His Yankees Future (New York Times) During his first news conference in the Bronx, Cole showed off both impressive knowledge of baseball labor history and the sign he carried to the 2001 World Series to cheer on the Yankees.

Trump Rallies His Base As House Votes To Impeach (Wall Street Journal) At a boisterous event hundreds of miles from Washington, president praises his fellow Republicans for standing by him.

It Was Impossible For Tom Coughlin To Recreate Giants Blueprint With Jaguars (SI) After two Super Bowls, Tom Coughlin’s system of fines and penalties became a legacy that was acceptable and canonized. The Jaguars made the mistake of assuming that version of the story would translate in today’s era.

Pelosi Threatens To Delay Trump Impeachment Trial In Bid To Pressure McConnell (CNBC) She may be jockeying for more power before relinquishing control of the process to Republicans.

Why MLB Turned Yankees Jerseys Into Baseball Purist Nightmare (New York Post) The swoosh is now located on the front of the Yankees’ uniform is because of MLB wanting to appeal to younger consumers and, not for nothing, a 10-year deal that was valued at, according to sources, more than $1 billion among MLB, Nike and Fanatics.

Amazon Flexes Its Formidable Shipping Arm (Axios) The industry is already worth $1.5 trillion, and it’ll get even bigger as more and more people order everything online.

Yes, The Cowboys Can Win The Super Bowl. We Figured Out Their Best-Case Scenarios. (538) Plenty of team-strength measures indicate that Garrett’s squad is well-positioned to make a deep postseason run.

Disney Plus Signed Up 24 Million U.S. Subscribers In November And Took Bite Out Of Netflix, Analysts Estimate (Variety) About one-third (34%) of Disney Plus’ U.S. customers — or 8 million as of the end of November — are on one-year-free offer from Verizon for certain customers, while the remaining 66% are on paid plans

Written by OutKick Support