With college football camps kicking off across the southeastern conference, Vegas is giving you the opportunity to work your magic when it comes to projecting win totals for teams in the SEC.
Having Alabama and Georgia at the top of these projections is a given, but looking at how the rest of the conference stacks up from a talent perspective, somebody will give these two teams a run for its money. The wise guys put the Tide and Bulldogs in Atlanta, playing for the conference championship. But, as we’ve seen, there will be a team or two that exceeds expectations, which make these projections sweeter.
All lines courtesy of FanDuel.
- Alabama (Over/Under 10.5 wins)
- Arkansas (Over/Under 7 wins)
- Auburn (Over/Under 5.5 wins)
- Florida (Over/Under 7 wins)
- Georgia (Over/Under 10.5 wins)
- Kentucky (Over/Under 7.5 wins)
- LSU (Over/Under 6.5 wins)
- Mississippi State (Over/Under 6.5 wins)
- Missouri (Over/Under 5.5 wins)
- Ole Miss (Over/Under 7.5 wins)
- South Carolina (Over/Under 6.5 wins)
- Tennessee (Over/Under 7.5 wins)
- Texas A&M (Over/Under 8.5 wins)
- Vanderbilt (Over/Under 2.5 wins)
The biggest question for me is what will happen with the QB spot in College Station. This will be a massive decision for Jimbo Fisher, seeing how last year played out after Haynes King suffered an injury. Both King and Max Johnson will be needed this season, if last year was an indication.
Also, will Vanderbilt not win three games? I would have to think the Dores can find three winnable games or at least pull off an upset. According to the projections, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee and South Carolina will be battling it out for second in the SEC East, so long as Georgia handles business. But some of these win totals make it tempting to throw some money down, even Auburn at the O/U at 5.5 wins.
Either way, the season is upon us and the foolish expectations of some fans will drive them to think their team will win more than Vegas is thinking. This is why we love the game, so happy betting and good luck.