in

Ryan Garcia Says Marquee Boxing Bout With Legendary Manny Pacquiao Scrapped

Boxing fans have been waiting for a matchup between Ryan Garcia and the legendary Manny Pacquaio that was proposed back in January, but it sounds like the fight is nothing more than just talk at this point.

Garcia, who is a perfect 21-0, touted back in January that a bout between he and Pacquiao had been agreed upon and was going to happen.

Wednesday night TMZ caught up with Garcia to ask him about the status of the fight and when it may go down, but Garcia said it’s not happening.

“Obviously, I would love to fight Manny Pacquiao, but that’s on him. That’s on him,” Garcia told TMZ.

Garcia said that it was all on Pacquiao as to why the fight had been pulled. As of now, Pacquiao has yet to respond.

Back in January, Garcia posted on his Instagram that he was honored and ready to get in the ring with Pacquiao, who at 42 years old is 62-7-2, but still is a name in the industry and is one of the few fighters who can draw PPV buys.

With Pacquiao out of the picture for a fight with Garcia, who is Garcia going to get into the ring with next?

Reports say that two names to watch are Gervonta Davis and Vasyl Lomachenko, two names that if you follow boxing you know, but clearly aren’t the draw that Pacquiao is.

“I think I made it very clear I want Gervonta Davis,” Garcia said.

“That’s the man I want, and I’ll knock him out in two rounds.”

Written by Matt Loede

Matt has been a part of the Cleveland Sports landscape working in the media since 1994 when he graduated from broadcasting school. His coverage beats include the Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns and Cleveland Cavaliers. He's written three books, and won the "2020 AP Sports Stringer Lifetime Service Award."

Leave a Reply

to comment on this post. Not a VIP? Signup Here