Videos by OutKick
Nevada football’s game against Penn State, which was originally scheduled to be played last season, is now scheduled for the 2025 season.
The two teams signed the contract in 2017 for a game to be played in 2020, but when Nevada landed a game with Arkansas last season — which was never played due to the pandemic — Penn State’s game was moved to an undetermined future date.
Nevada is guaranteed a $1.45 million payout, according to the original contract between the teams. NevadaSportsnet.com reports that would be the fourth-highest single-game payout in school history.
Nevada Sportsnet reports the largest one-game guarantee in Penn State football history came from USC for $1.6 million.
- at USC (2023): $1.6 million
- at Texas A&M (2015): $1.5 million
- at Iowa (2022): $1.5 million
- at Penn State (2025): $1.45 million
- at Northwestern (2017): $1.3 million
- at Minnesota (2024): $1.2 million
- at Notre Dame (2016): $1 million
- at Kansas State (2021): $1 million
- at Vanderbilt (2018): $900,000
- at Nebraska (2007): $750,000
“It would be the first game played between Nevada and Penn State, one of the storied programs in college football history,” the Sportsnet article reads. “The Nittany Lions have won two national titles, those coming in 1982 and 1986 under Joe Paterno.”