Videos by OutKick
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is raking in more dough than any other NFL player. Given Mahomes’ status as the NFL’s most dangerous weapon, that’s not a big surprise.
What is surprising, though, are some of the league’s other top earners.
Sportrac actually listed the highest-paid player at each position. Per Sportrac, Mahomes is the honoree of the highest-paid average salaried player at an eye-popping $45 million.
It goes without saying that Mahomes takes the cake at QB.
Rounding out the skills positions are Arizona Cardinals wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins ($27.5 million) and Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey ($16 million). Meanwhile, San Francisco 49ers veteran George Kittle is the highest-paid tight end at $15 million.
On the other side of the ball, Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa is raking in a cool $27 million, with LA Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald next at $22 million.
As for the highest-paid special teams player … well, that is also not a big surprise. None other than Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker tops it at $5 million.
Still there are some head-scratchers on this list. You can determine what they are just by glancing it, via Spotrac:
- QB: Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs$45M
- RB: Christian McCaffrey, Panthers, $16M
- WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Cardinals, $27.5M
- TE: George Kittle, 49ers, $15M
- T: Trent Williams, 49ers, $23.01M
- G: Joe Thuney, Chiefs, $16M
- C: Frank Ragnow, Lions, $13.5M
- DT: Aaron Donald, Rams, $22.5M
- EDGE: Joey Bosa, Chargers, $27M
- LB: Darius Leonard, LB, $19.7M
- CB: Jalen Ramsey, Rams, $20M
- S: Jamal Adams, Seahawks, $17.5M
- K: Justin Tucker, Ravens, $5M
- P: Johnny Hekker, Rams, $3.7M