Conference tournaments concluded on Sunday afternoon, and that means the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament is next on the docket. It’s set to get underway next weekend on Friday, March 19.
Alabama won a close game against the LSU Tigers in the SEC Championship Game, and that landed the Crimson Tide a No. 2 seed in the tournament. But what about some of the other teams from the SEC? Where did they fall, and whom will they play?
Below are the first-round matchups for all of the six teams who made the tournament.
- No. 2 Alabama (24-6) vs. No. 15 Iona (12-5)
- No. 3 Arkansas (22-6) vs. No. 14 Colgate (14-1)
- No. 5 Tennessee (18-8) vs. No. 12 Oregon State (17-12)
- No. 7 Florida (14-9) vs. No. 10 Virginia Tech (15-6)
- No. 8 LSU (18-9) vs. No. 9 St. Bonaventure (16-4)
- No. 9 Missouri (16-9) vs. No. 8 Oklahoma (15-10)
First 4 Out: Ole Miss
It’s time, folks. Bust out those NCAA Tournament brackets, and let’s get started. I don’t know about you, but I plan to pick a perfect bracket.
Follow Clint Lamb on Twitter @ClintRLamb.