Well, well, well look what’s officially live! The Trevor Lawrence-Marissa Mowry wedding registry is finally here with under two weeks to go until these two get married in Bluffton, South Carolina. You know what that means. You’re damn right I’m buying something off that list and hoping to add to my wedding gift thank you card collection which Karen Rovell has been envious of over the years.
Here are my rules for buying off athlete wedding registries:
• Always filter the gift list low-to-high
• Pick off the cheapest item you can find unless there’s a knife at a reasonable price
• Why knives? These are items that couples actually use in a relationship. Way back in 2012, I bought ESPN sideline reporter Jenn Brown a tomato knife that she enjoyed using to slice and dice. You never know when one of these famous people will use the knife you purchased on some HGTV show
• If there aren’t knives, don’t be afraid to buy a single napkin. I think it was RG3’s first marriage where I splurged on a $7 napkin and secured a nice thank you note as if I’d bought the couple an air fryer. There’s zero chance RG3 read the message my Twitter followers created for the gift card. It was vile and yet I still got a thank you in return
Now, let’s dig into the Lawrence-Mowry registry, which has seen several items (the nice cheap ones are gone) purchased:
• The cheapest item remaining is a $9 Crate & Barrel washcloth. Trevor’s about to become a mega-millionaire, but he’ll never forget the fans out there who splurged for a $9 washcloth. Trust me.
• The cheapest knife set clocks in at $100. I’m out dawg. This is where I have to go all Rovell and draw a line as to what I’m willing to spend for that rare wedding gift thank you card autograph.
• The couple is asking for a $300 smart toaster
• They’re also asking for a $1,548 mirror
• The $2.95 appetizer plate was snapped up. That’s a huge miss on my part
• If free shipping is involved, as it is here for my washcloth purchase, always upgrade to the gift box ($5.50) to increase the chances of getting that coveted wedding gift thank you note. Guys, you know ladies love gift boxes. Do the right thing.