Cleveland, it’s your day to shine and the weather’s going to be raw
I’ve now watched the Cleveland weather forecast several times, and it’s going to be a typical northern Ohio day: on and off rain, clouds, falling temperatures, fog, wind, misery. In other words, Cleveland football weather. This isn’t ideal for a guy like me who is depending on decent weather to increase the chances for content, but this is Cleveland and the city rarely disappoints me. So I’ll throw on the rain gear, drive east on the turnpike and dive into the belly of the beast to see what I can come up with tonight.
I’m aiming to stay until the Eagles pick at No. 12. That should be about 9:30 ET or so. There’s a 0.0% chance I’m around when the Browns pick at No. 26. And I might have to see how many people show up for this Kings of Leon concert that’s supposed to go on.
Stay tuned to the social channels. I’ll probably just pump stuff through IG Story (@joekinseyexp).
• One thing I need to hear tonight: “With the 5th pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select…” an offensive lineman or Ja’Marr Chase. It’s that simple. Not hard at all.
• I got an alert Wednesday that Urban Meyer sold his Columbus house for $1,750,000, and it looks like Urbs left some money on the table just to move the house now that he’s back to being a Florida Man. The Columbus house never even hit the market, which is odd, unless there’s a glitch in the Zillow system.
• Look at Bill de Blasio getting all ballsy and saying he’d fully reopen NYC on July 1. Big Balls Bill. Big Balls Blasio. Guess who needs tax revenue FAST? Big Balls Bill. Just think of the cuts Big Balls Blasio has on the horizon. “This is going to be the summer of New York City,” Big Balls told MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe.’ “I think people are going to flock to New York City because they want to live again.”
• This morning, the front page of NFL.com offers mock drafts from FIVE different reporters/NFL.com personalities. Someone please explain the fascination with reading random mock drafts and then explain how you keep them all straight and which ones you trust. I might have to do a quick Q&A with OutKick mock guy Clint Lamb to get the psychology behind the weirdos who click on these posts at an alarming rate. There’s clickbait and then there are mock drafts, the ultimate clickbait.
• And finally this morning, Facebook says hiding posts calling for India’s prime minister to resign was an internal “mistake” and definitely wasn’t because the Indian government told Facebook to hide the posts. NO WAY, NO SIR, Facebook says. Just an internal mistake. Nothing nefarious going on. You can trust Facebook, Facebook says.
Numbers from :
The @AnaheimDucks got goals from Sam Carrick and Sam Steel in the second period tonight to tie the game.
This is the first time in NHL history that two teammates named Sam (or Samuel, Sammy, etc.) have scored a goal in the same game.
— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) April 29, 2021
Stuff You Guys Sent In & Stuff I Like:
Happy Draft Day, Cleveland! pic.twitter.com/k3O1rnXK7g
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) April 29, 2021
Good Morning Cleveland ⚡️⚡️⚡️ pic.twitter.com/PQ8p2Z06q0
— Brian Rick (@superchargers11) April 29, 2021
— Manlympian (@Manlympian) April 28, 2021
— McNeil (@Reflog_18) April 29, 2021
Me late in Round 3 Friday night. pic.twitter.com/hIZJlGMuMQ
— Bob Sturm (@SportsSturm) April 29, 2021
— Natalia Markova (@RealNMarkova) April 28, 2021
Bryce Harper says he is OK 🙏🏼 pic.twitter.com/8jXsoMPm13
— John Clark (@JClarkNBCS) April 29, 2021
Génesis Cabrera hits Bryce Harper in the face and Didi Gregorius in the ribs with his first two pitches
Benches get warned and Joe Girardi gets ejected, yelling "throw the ball over the fucking plate!" on his way out. Cardinals manager Mike Shildt yelled back pic.twitter.com/PLMmBQhvCt
— Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) April 29, 2021
come on down big bad C.J. pic.twitter.com/TY7hWY3yNf
— MLB Closed Captioning (@mlb_cc) April 28, 2021
— Joe Giza (@JoeGiza) April 29, 2021
— Maumee Bay Turf (@maumeebayturf) April 29, 2021
— Club Pro Guy (@ClubProGuy) April 28, 2021
— Denlesks (@Denlesks) April 29, 2021
Pat said don’t add any words. Hate to see it 🤷♂️ pic.twitter.com/EIAvKf3sGG
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) April 28, 2021
More Findlay being Findlay pic.twitter.com/AoEnGLLd3C
— Assholes Of Findlay (@findlayassholes) April 28, 2021
Congratulations to Roger L. who just became $2.9 million richer playing Wheel of Fortune! pic.twitter.com/owMgyN2i0Y
— The Venetian Resort Las Vegas (@VenetianVegas) April 28, 2021
And here’s what I have to say about that… pic.twitter.com/BKcnp31990
— Chef Andrew Gruel (@ChefGruel) April 29, 2021