Videos by OutKick
You never know what’s going to happen on a random Nashville Sunday night.
Maybe you head out to Losers bar in midtown and John Daly is there. And somehow or other you end up deciding to lay on the ground, hold a tee in your mouth, and let him drive a golf ball.
Several things to note about this video.
1. Daly’s in flip flops and what appears to be double Arkansas gear.
He’s also wearing a white glove. Grip is important when a bad drive could kill a man.
2. This is a busy residential and commercial area, there’s no telling where this drive ended up.
Some poor bastard out for a jog might have just taken a 300 yard John Daly drive off the forehead.
3. The guy with the tee in his mouth didn’t even flinch.
That’s impressive as hell standing alone.
4. His golf bag is behind him.
Did he consider laying up with the three wood?
5. This appears to be 100% real.
Given that it’s the Internet, sure, everything could be faked, but this certainly looks real.
Daly just Tweeted about the drive and posted his own video. It’s Nashville’s Midtown and there are multiple videos up.
This is like a modern day golfing William Tell.