The alarm went off & Kenny Loggins’ classic ‘Danger Zone’ woke me up
Talk about popping out of bed instantly and ready to attack the day. It was a late night prepping Screencaps with an early wake-up call because a mini-vacation starts here in a few hours, but the second I hear “Danger Zone,” it’s go time. Every single time. That opening riff comes in and my brain tells me I’m in a cockpit doing barrel rolls and about to fight MiG-28s, even though I’m about to walk downstairs and sit at a three-screen computer cockpit with analytical data screens, Tweetdeck screens, iMessenger pumping out hot texts from the group chats and the OutKick Slack channel updating at breakneck speed.
Listen to her howlin’ roar
Metal under tension
Beggin’ you to touch and go
Highway to the Danger Zone
Ride into the Danger Zone
Headin’ into twilight
Spreadin’ out her wings tonight
She got you jumpin’ off the deck
Shovin’ into overdrive
Instagram model coming in with a blazing hot new piece of content…12 o’clock! Karen Rovell with a new COVID take…quick(!)…get it…it’s flaming hottt! Paulina Gretzky’s firing up Instagram Story…she’s on a Bora Bora bachelorette trip…GET ME VIDEO CLIPS NOWWWWW! OutKick editors in my ear screaming they need the post NOOOWWWW or we’re going to miss the Google algorithm is going to fly by us at virtual warp speed.
That’s my Danger Zone.
Maverick strapped into the F-18 to do his work against MiGs. I strap into my mesh Costco desk chair (much better airflow than those faux leather pieces of junk you see thrown out to the trash) with a Costco seat pad like grandma (with her wrap-around shades like she’s about to bust out a welding torch) and grandpa use in their Chevy Impala.
Out along the edges
Always where I burn to be
The further on the edge
The hotter the intensity
I’m telling you guys, there has to be a screenwriter out there who can turn this blogging life into a major motion picture with a soundtrack written by 73-year-old Kenny Loggins.
• Did you watch the Women’s College World Series finale Thursday afternoon? Yeah, I figured you didn’t. You actually go to work and then come home to do more work until the sun goes down. It would’ve been nice to catch the end of Florida State-Oklahoma after Thursday Night Mowing League responsibilities, but ESPN had contractual responsibilities. Oh well.
• I’ve been slacking on lumber updates as that hysteria died down just a little bit. Here’s the latest from Kyle Trendel, who runs Trendel Lumber in Baldwin City, KS:
🚨Lumber Commodity Index🚨
Futures down to 1122.20 today. We are seeing retail prices plateau with small decrease in dimensional lumber. Sheet goods and OSB continue to hold high.
— Kyle Trendel® GCO (@B_Town_Sands) June 11, 2021
• Thank you to those who sent in suggestions for out-of-the-way, remote, interesting, hidden gem small U.S. towns that very few people have heard of. I’m talking remote camping towns in the middle of nowhere. No highways going to these places. I’m talking U.S. locations where cellphones are useless. I’m talking interesting or maybe not that interesting places the tourism magazines don’t know exist. You can still send in your suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
• That brings me to another project I’ll be working on to post while I’m on a golf trip in a couple of weeks. I need you guys to think of the best sporting event in the United States that very few people know about. I’ve written about my love of the Wren (OH) Wiffleball Tournament in one of the most perfect settings you’re ever going to see. The population in Wren, OH is 125 and the tiny village holds what I consider to be one of the best unknown sporting events in the U.S.
Those are the events I’m looking to feature. Inject those events right into my blogging veins. It doesn’t have to be a mainstream sport. Try me: email@example.com
• Loyal TNML member and Screencaps fan Ryan O. writes:
Like all the other middle age dads out there thank you for all the hard work on TNML. I was thinking during my three hour mowing session what about the other things dads like ……Man caves and food!! Maybe a man cave Monday or weekend cookout wrap up? I have built my man cave into my pole barn. The bar is built from a cherry tree that grew in my grandparents back yard that I cut after it fell and sent to a sawmill to be cut Into boards.
The barn wood wall is also from a barn I tore down at my grandparents’ farm so there is a lot of history and sentimental value for my family. I spend most weekends enjoying Busch Lights and cooking on the pellet grill so I also like showing off the weekends food. Since I upgraded to the Camp Chef smoker with sidekick I have made Ribs, pork butt, beef short ribs, and jalapeño poppers. If you haven’t heard of the Bearded Butchers from Creston Ohio you should check them out! Thanks for all the great content Joe!
• The yard looks perfect, the weather is settling in after horrible rain across most of the U.S. east of the Rockies, the flowers looking amazing. Let’s get out there and have a weekend. Really indulge over the next three days. Suck down all that summer has to offer.
Numbers from :
— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) June 11, 2021
Stuff You Guys Sent In & Stuff I Like:
— TERANN HILOW (@terannhilow) June 8, 2021
Beautiful sunset to start off the 2nd annual OutKick 360 Masters! Let’s kick cancer’s ass tonight! @TheChadWithrow @PaulKuharskyNFL @HuttonOutkick @JacobDeveral @LLSusa #Catfish4ACure pic.twitter.com/2ZFNxb4ISq
— OutKick 360 (@Outkick360) June 11, 2021
Dad is not happy pic.twitter.com/KT710lxpQZ
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) June 10, 2021
— Tyler Reidy (@TylerJReidy) June 10, 2021
Never know where the punches will fly including a Marlins game with 5,000 fans in attendance pic.twitter.com/WpDjB6a2IE
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) June 11, 2021
— Dave Duran (@ddurantula) June 10, 2021
— Danny (@dajosc11) June 10, 2021
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) June 10, 2021
All day today my leg has been swollen, purple, losing feeling. I finally went to the urgent care & they immediately sent me to the ER. They found a 25 pound cyst (15in x 9in) in my abdominal cavity. Having emergency surgery.
Look at the size of this thing! pic.twitter.com/KAkpKJKPuO
— Kristi Kopanis (@Kristi_Kopanis) June 11, 2021
Everyone should see a penguin who is excited for a cuddle pic.twitter.com/YLu5r3zGPk
— Disappointed Optimist (@disappoptimism) June 9, 2021
Over the Stardust, 1964. The former Motor-Vu Drive-In (top left) came first in '48, then Royal Nevada (left) in 1955. Barely visible top right are the Executive Suite apartments which lasted into the 2000s. Present site of @ResortsWorldLV pic.twitter.com/bBHeDkkImD
— Vintage Las Vegas (@summacorp) June 10, 2021
— Fremont Street Exp (@FSELV) June 11, 2021