Videos by OutKick
It’s emails like this one that makes all the late nights and early mornings at this job worth it
Long-time reader and commenter extraordinaire. I often identify with the bitchin grub unapologetically framed within the realms of the daily ScreenCaps. There are times that I comment on a meal that strikes my “wish I could die eating that” vibe. Last week, this delicious entry sparked my deathwish like no other:
Curiosity quickly made its way to must-have and where on god’s green earth is this creation? Dug a little only to find this feast was a mere 2-hour drive north. So I sent the link to my son with the caption, Road Trip? To which, he immediately replies (He NEVER immediately replies) “Calling in sick, let’s go!” I said, “Whoa mule. Let’s plan this thing.” To which he asked, “Can we drop the half-day fishing charter for this Sunday?”
So yeah, that happened.
So we spent Father’s Day, laughing our guts out over stupid stuff dudes laugh their guts out over the entire trip. Got to say I love you 1000 times with 2000 reasons why. It was…the best road trip ever! We fathered and son like no other with the greatest appreciation for obtaining the goal of death-worthy food! And that we did, all with credit given to yours truly and the OKTC geeks that allow caps to be published on the regular.
So in driving home it was declared the official Father’s Day event shall and always be, road trip to death by food. I literally cannot wait for the next!
Thank you, Joe AND geeks, for lighting a fire that cannot and shall not be extinguished!
• I’m asked quite often what I do for a living and then almost on cue the person will say, “You do what?” That’s right, my main job is to keep people sane through their workday, especially in the morning when most terrestrial radio shows have failed them, the morning TV shows have failed them and a majority of the websites out there have made them completely miserable. Years ago, Peter Burns of SEC Network fame worked with me to develop a morning post that was supposed to be a recap of what happened the night before in the world of sports with pop culture wrapped up in the post. I believe Peter was working in Colorado at that point, yet to be discovered by ESPN executives.
Now here we are, all these years later, with Morning Screencaps a huge success and Peter raising a family and serving as the SEC’s biggest cheerleader. Both of us have done well for ourselves.
I get to dig through the Instagram content world to bring you guys things like the ‘Sancho’ that sent SH on a father-son food trip. And I get to run a mowing league. It wasn’t that long ago I was sitting in a cubicle at a newspaper, designing advertising and thinking I had to do something. I had to teach myself how to build websites, use my writing skills and see what could happen. Talk about a top-two decision in my life, second only to asking my wife to marry me.
Keep these stories coming. It fuels me.
• Just remember I’m out Thursday-Saturday this week. I love this job, but at some point, I can’t possibly look at a screen at 6:30 a.m. I’ve hit that point and we’re going to turn out the lights for a few days to recharge the batteries. Look at it as an All-Star break.
• You’re damn right I sat there and watched that N.C. State-Vandy game. I was glued to it after the U.S. track & field trials. There’s not much to say, other than that hitters had little chance against the pitching from both sides. I’m not sure where my Reds sit in the Draft, but I’ll say a prayer Jack Leiter lands in their lap. I’ll also pray for his elbow because it would make total sense for his elbow to fail and his career tank with the Reds. I’m used to that franchise torturing me.
• Did you buy anything on Amazon Prime Day? In all seriousness, it’s a bad time of year for Amazon to get money out of me. I just want to tinker in the garage, sit on the patio, finish up yard projects. Now, if Amazon started doing Prime shipping on massive flagstones, we’d have an ordeal on our hands. I need like 10-15 of them. Give Bezos’ minions time. They’ll eventually come up with a robot that steps off an autonomous driving rig and deliver those flagstones into the backyard while I’m suckin’ down a Kirkland seltzer.
• Speaking of the Kirk selts, I sucked down one or two over the weekend at the golf outing, and at $22 for a case of those bad boys, we have a hit on our hands. I plan on having a few more this week, so hang tight for a full review.
Jacob deGrom is the only pitcher in baseball history with at least 100 K and a sub-0.60 ERA in any 12-start span.https://t.co/IK4c5F3pBq pic.twitter.com/yEoByWuPq1
— Stathead (@Stathead) June 21, 2021
Stuff You Guys Sent In & Stuff I Like:
Eli Manning is back home! @EliManning has rejoined the org in a business ops & fan engagement role. Plus, we've set the date for jersey retirement and ring of honor!
📰: https://t.co/69LQoFTpii pic.twitter.com/hezPk7ZCiM
— New York Giants (@Giants) June 21, 2021
Worst weather sports cut in ever? Has to be: pic.twitter.com/0ntfTytvCQ
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) June 21, 2021
Stalin strikes. pic.twitter.com/b3tKBrxoYu
— MLB Closed Captioning (@mlb_cc) June 21, 2021
This #Isles fan is not happy with the teams performance tonight. 🤣
🎥 @NHLonNBCSports pic.twitter.com/bSvriduHyl
— BobbyLotsOfNumbers (@TheReplayGuy) June 22, 2021
Sign at last night’s Tampa Bay Lightning game against the New York Isles. pic.twitter.com/c6MUWvcrx4
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) June 22, 2021
Saw this guy at the supermarket yesterday. pic.twitter.com/Q030PcdS02
— Tralfaz? (@TralfazPete) June 21, 2021
Shoutout to this guy ina Tesla I just saw pic.twitter.com/pDLwfWy2hA
— 🏳️⚧️~Ear4u106~🏳️⚧️(she/her) (@ears4you107) June 18, 2021
This is Fozzie. He told you to have a good day this morning. Gonna be real pupset if you didn’t. 12/10 pic.twitter.com/pQ8baj4d5N
— WeRateDogs® (@dog_rates) June 22, 2021
“At first glance, it doesn’t look like it, but this is the beginning of a major Stentor coeruleus massacre. I didn’t think Tardigrades had it in them, but they can show no mercy…” 💧🐻#MicroscopicMonday 🧫🔬 by @tardibabe/IG pic.twitter.com/ML2WFmBPfI
— Science Channel (@ScienceChannel) June 22, 2021
How do you move eight giraffes off an island? Hear about the epic (and awkward) journey to save these endangered animals on #OverheardNatGeo #WorldGiraffeDay https://t.co/24dSXGdrmU pic.twitter.com/BFxmsshL2p
— National Geographic (@NatGeo) June 21, 2021
Hearts of red, green & gold https://t.co/kBbSTm9SlH
— John Deere (@JohnDeere) June 19, 2021
4 CommentsLeave a Reply
Got my TNML shirt last night! Can’t wait to put that on in 2 days and whip my lawn into shape. Thanks, Joe
Death by food should be a sport. Death by sex already is
Repping 135’s on dumbbell rows is pretty good.
Some guys at the gym I go to routinely do 175 for reps no problem and yeah their juiced lol