It looks like the weather will hold off for most of today’s Masters action
It’s the time of year when I start sweating the Augusta, Georgia weather guys and their pinpoint forecasts using the latest Doppler technology. Tim Strong of CBS-12 says it’s going to start off cloudy today at Augusta National, and as the day heats up, there might be a couple of pop-up showers here and there with a higher likelihood of a shower around 5 ET. Tim has the chance of rain at 40%, so don’t go freaking out if ESPN starts talking negative like usual.
Congrats to those of you who had Justin Rose +10000 tickets. He’s down to +380 this morning with Spieth at +750, if you want to throw some money on the action. Personally, I’d be looking at Webb Simpson at +1600. He’s -2, and Justin Rose made everything Thursday.
My Thursday Masters observations:
• I about came out of my chair when I heard the bullfrog coming through the Masters app ‘Featured Groups’ coverage. The birds were chirping like maniacs for hours and then all of a sudden someone decided to start pumping in a bullfrog singing. Mind…blown.
• Thank you to the Masters for making it so easy to watch the event. I watched/listened to approximately 10 hours of coverage. Today, I might hit up the Amen Corner coverage during the afternoon and then catch the ESPN coverage late tonight to get my fill of the entire course.
• The guys looked like they were hungover after battling that course for 18 holes. The physical and mental toll should show up today. Justin Rose is 40. What happens to the mind and body if he runs into trouble early Friday? I think he’s coming back to the pack, especially with the conditions not changing until later in the afternoon.
• It’s wild that we’re living during a time when The Masters will allow me to watch/listen to its coverage commercial-free for four straight days.
• Looking at the pin positions, the Twitter experts say it’s going to be another brutal day.
— The Masters (@TheMasters) April 9, 2021
• I have a mix of inside and outside projects lined up with some rain coming in. It’s going to be a play-it-by-ear kind of weekend where I could go from building a 3 1/2 foot high planter box to installing new hallway lights. I’m thinking the kids deserve a video game tournament in the garage with their friends, so we’ll do that and have the Masters on for the dads. That should make for a full weekend while the wife chills out after yet another busy week.
Have a great weekend and enjoy that round you’re playing after lunch.
Numbers from :
Viktor Arvidsson of the @PredsNHL is the first player in NHL history to have a hat trick and make a penalty shot on his birthday.
— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) April 9, 2021
Stuff You Guys Sent In & Stuff I Like:
10 seltzers into a Saturday round with the boys:
"I see a window." pic.twitter.com/77u28QOwJ1
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) April 8, 2021
— Club Pro Guy (@ClubProGuy) April 8, 2021
Me on IG trying to get likes pic.twitter.com/kgKe2DgDAP
— Paige Spiranac (@PaigeSpiranac) April 8, 2021
Putting an eagle putt in the water! Gotta fire the caddy on the spot. pic.twitter.com/R7AE3akZNp
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) April 8, 2021
— Annie Agar (@AnnieAgar) April 8, 2021
Corey Perry is suuuuuccchhhhhh a bitch. pic.twitter.com/E6DzeYjR9e
— The Mouth (@TheMouthLAKings) April 9, 2021
— Tim Ryan (@TheSportsHernia) April 8, 2021
Grandma was watching the Monday Night Baseball game listening to Vin Scully on the broadcast. pic.twitter.com/hC9JwTKpa2
— Grandma’s Reds Scorebook (@GScorebook) April 8, 2021
— Brian (@Go_GoSox) April 8, 2021
— nascarcasm (@nascarcasm) April 9, 2021
I feel like this is a HIPAA violation pic.twitter.com/ZEXD40brZW
— John Lewis WDRB (@JohnWDRB) April 8, 2021
Colin Kaepernick at the Italian Football League combine pic.twitter.com/zXkdTqn6Z3
— Denlesks (@Denlesks) April 9, 2021
She seems confident. pic.twitter.com/mwbUKe2h3I
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) April 8, 2021
Texas is just trolling other states at this point pic.twitter.com/QmwTuH3MBO
— Total Frat Move (@totalfratmove) April 7, 2021
— Bring a Trailer (@Bringatrailer) April 8, 2021
Downtown Atlanta 1957 pic.twitter.com/uYcCepYGCf
— Old Georgia Pics (@OldGeorgiaPics) April 8, 2021
— Villages-News (@Villages_News) April 7, 2021