Videos by OutKick
Twitter is at it again
Here we go again with yet another battle with the Twitter help desk. Some of you who’ve been around over the last year might remember when a hacker gained control of my account in 2020 only to tweet a bunch of NSFW rap lyrics that definitely had followers confused. So I set up the two-factor authentication like Twitter suggested, and I figured that would be the last problem I’d have with that social media network.
Nope. Wednesday, I got a “You’ve been locked out of your account due to suspicious activity. You’ll need to log back in” message. So I went through the steps, not a concern in the world, and then I get to the step where Twitter’s supposed to send a code to my phone. Nope, it never comes. No code. No push notification via SMS. Yes, I have push notifications allowed on my phone. Yes, the push notification code thing has been a problem for many others who’ve been down this road with Twitter.
Twitter has locked out league commish @JoeKinseyexp for an undetermined amount of days.
Said it was due to suspicious account activity. Guess I retweeted too many lawns. https://t.co/te33Aogscp
— ThursdayNightMowingLeague (@OutKickTNML) September 16, 2021
I know what you’re thinking: This social media stuff SUCKS and you should delete it. I would if it wasn’t a way to communicate with readers. That said, I’m hearing from more and more of you on a daily basis who have deleted all social media. That’s why I opened up my personal email. We need that line of communication, and going forward, I’m headed more in that direction.
I believe it was OutKick VIP Pam who suggested creating an email list for my fans. She’s right. Let me build a strategy and I’ll get that fired up. You can always reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org — Go ahead and put that into your phone.
Meanwhile, if you have something I need to see, tag the TNML account.
• Joe E. writes:
Norm McDonald was one of my favorites. Everytime I need a laugh I play his opening monolog at the ESPY’s. No way this would ever happen today. RiP Norm.
• Joe’s right. Take eight minutes and watch that video. Think about how similar jokes would play in 2021. How is the world of standup these days? I haven’t been to a show in a decade, but one show stands out in my head from when I was attending somewhere around 20 shows per year. Ralphie May came to town about 10-12 years ago, and I clear as day remember the crowd moaning over uncomfortable jokes. And I remember Ralphie May going off on the crowd for being huge pussies who couldn’t take jokes.
And here we are in 2021 with things even worse than they were in 2010. It’s hard to believe people have become so damn miserable and unable to laugh a little bit.
• That said, there’s big news in the world of comedy here in Ohio. Wednesday, Dave Chappelle was formally approved for the comedy club he’s opening in the tiny hippie town of Yellow Springs outside Dayton where he lives on a farm, and did those secret standup shows during 2020’s COVID hysteria.
No pressure, Dave, but it’s up to you, Rogan, and a few others to lead people out of this funk.
• Beau in Toledo thinks you guys need to see this from a small diner here in NW Ohio.
Had A New Customer today I've never seen before And he had wrote this note for us when he left❤… he also left $120.00…
• On the topic of buying furniture in 2021, I heard from Chris almost immediately after Wednesday’s Screencaps went live. Chris writes:
I deliver furniture for a living and we are just now getting in the furniture people ordered in January
• I was happy to see an email from Bob R. in Tennessee on Wednesday. He’d been dealing with the ‘VID and I hadn’t heard from him, so it was nice to see him send along a Babylon Bee headline:
• In other Wednesday Screencaps news, Chris B. in Texas wanted to know why I don’t fill up the portable basketball hoop with sand. I’ve read that it’s much easier to move the portable hoops with water vs. sand. I have the hoop right in front of a tree that’s going to need some trimming which means I’ll most likely be moving that hoop around a bit. I can always drain it and use sand, but from what I understand with the mobile hoop industry, going from sand back to water won’t be very easy.
• And with that, I think we’ll cut this off and get the day rolling around here. Don’t be shy to hit up the email hotline.
Numbers from :
MLB leaders in winning percentage this year:
Urías: 18-3 (.857)
Buehler: 14-3 (.824)
Scherzer: 14-4 (.778)
The @Dodgers are trying to join the 1927 Yankees as the only teams ever to have the top 3 pitchers in MLB in winning percentage at the end of a season (min. 15 decisions)
— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) September 16, 2021
Stuff You Guys Sent In & Stuff I Like:
Jon Gruden looks at the Raiders schedule after the huge season opening win on Monday Night Football pic.twitter.com/70RURCkKxQ
— Frank Caliendo (@FrankCaliendo) September 15, 2021
Casual sunday with the boys pic.twitter.com/6Qd8EmR8rO
— Total Frat Move (@totalfratmove) September 15, 2021
If I didn't know anything about College Football, here is what I’d guess each Big Ten coach did for a living: pic.twitter.com/s41RggNOgt
— Big Red Fury (@BigRed_Fury) September 15, 2021
Acceptable commercial lawn spray painting. https://t.co/27UeSgZZ2F
— ThursdayNightMowingLeague (@OutKickTNML) September 15, 2021
going back that Bulgarians pic.twitter.com/gIxSNy5i4G
— MLB Closed Captioning (@mlb_cc) September 15, 2021
Tanner Houck, Ridiculous 86mph Wipeout Slider. 😯 pic.twitter.com/241JZPdhPC
— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) September 15, 2021
Well this is a new one.
Ump just tossed out the grounds crew 😂
— FanDuel Sportsbook (@FDSportsbook) September 16, 2021
How many of these tracks will you be going to in 2022? pic.twitter.com/wK7rJwy3jq
— FOX: NASCAR (@NASCARONFOX) September 15, 2021
Anyone in the market for a 325-inch LG 8K TV?
$1.7 million pic.twitter.com/fkhGAn32Gx
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) September 15, 2021
Last Friday, Louisville CBP officers intercepted 32 separate shipments all with a common theme, counterfeit watches. In total, officers seized 2,168 watches, that if they genuine would have sold for over $57M. The watches were all arriving from Hong Kong.https://t.co/yfyd4cLJ9p pic.twitter.com/5nuzKdx5Vk
— CBP Chicago (@CBPChicago) September 15, 2021
Ordering Pizza Hut from a payphone is some hardcore shit.
“I'm at the corner of 53rd and Main Street. I'll be the guy who looks hungry." pic.twitter.com/qnJxtBoWyV
— Super 70s Sports (@Super70sSports) September 16, 2021
— 80s News Screens (@80snewsscreens) September 16, 2021
— 80s News Screens (@80snewsscreens) September 15, 2021
Guy drives straight into some fresh concrete in Cedar Hill today pic.twitter.com/zOMbMBStxI
— Dallas Texas TV (@DallasTexasTV) September 16, 2021
— Brett L. Tolman (@tolmanbrett) September 16, 2021
This message stamped on the squeaker inside the stuffed animal my dog just destroyed pic.twitter.com/mvwH0TaALU
— Mildly Interesting (@interest_mild) September 14, 2021
come on abe, just throw the frisbee
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) September 14, 2021