Takeaways from Week 1 of the NFL:
• Jon Gruden got enormous; Vegas restaurants are being very, very good to Chucky
• AJ Green is too good to be called for OPI, ref has to eat the flag there
• The on-field product was actually very good considering there was no preseason; you may never see four preseason games ever again
• The crowd noise doesn’t get excited on huge plays and that’s a problem
• Joe Burrow treated the 2-minute drive like he’d been doing it in the NFL for 10 years
• Aaron Donald is still an uncontrollable beast
• The NFC West is going to be an absolute dog fight; did you see what the Cardinals did? Did you see what Russell Wilson did?
• Did it feel like the refs let guys actuallly hit or was it just me? Seemed like there were huge hits and the refs weren’t blasting flags all over the field; I can’t remember which game it was, but I actually saw a ref call offsetting initiated helmet-to-helmet penalties…KEEP IT UP, NFL REFS!
Stuff You Guys Sent In & Stuff I Like :
Zeke got a tattoo that says "Feed" pic.twitter.com/ODCExvbVYI
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) September 14, 2020
Gruden on the phone with Earl Thomas agent right as we speak. Lord knows this defense needs HELP! pic.twitter.com/2HSE5i3zZK
— . (@RingzBack) September 13, 2020
O M G … Trent Williams at LT. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 13, 2020
He picked this mans up OFF THE GROUND! 💯🤣💀 pic.twitter.com/I1UZFO5hIF
— Nolan Harrison III, MBA 🙅🏾♂️👑 (@NolanHarrison74) September 14, 2020
— trina (@trinadelasuerte) September 13, 2020
Fans in the stands today in Jacksonville: pic.twitter.com/AaSLxNdpJX
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) September 13, 2020
Jacksonville Jaguars star Tyler Eifert wore David Dorn's name on his helmet today.
Dorn was a retired police captain who was murdered during the riots in St. Louis. This was a 100% pure class move from Eifert. pic.twitter.com/ZTJRyTqZBL
— David Hookstead (@dhookstead) September 14, 2020
Cam looks ready for something… pic.twitter.com/KtEF1XWbRf
— Clemson Tom 🐅 (@ClemsonTom) September 13, 2020
Dudes are drunk playing football in the street during halftime of the #bears v #Lions game.
While creed is blasting at halftime!
Song for those who care is my sacrifice!
Welcome back #footballsunday pic.twitter.com/kKt0h07kBF
— JohnBrownerPodcast (@brownerspodcast) September 13, 2020
— Exploring Everyday (@xploringeverydy) September 14, 2020
Fans in the stands today at K-State pic.twitter.com/MSpDx0Pcui
— Joe Kinsey (@JoeKinseyexp) September 12, 2020
I'm not sure it's worth blowing out a knee ligament to get a ride in this cart, but then again I'm not sure it isn't either. pic.twitter.com/f1KIyARzwG
— Super 70s Sports (@Super70sSports) September 14, 2020
— ABC7Error (@abc7error) September 14, 2020
There are golf tans and then there’s Stewart Cink’s head. pic.twitter.com/9MLtUeyRQa
— Jeff Eisenband (@JeffEisenband) September 14, 2020