Videos by OutKick
Just over six years ago Outkick the Coverage launched as an independent website. I had no idea what would happen, but I was cautiously optimistic things would go well enough that I might be able to make $100k a year off it one day. Six years later Outkick has a national Fox Sports Radio show from 6-9 am eastern that airs on over 250 AM and FM affiliates in all fifty states and on satellite radio, a daily Periscope and Facebook show that airs at 3 eastern every day and continues to grow by leaps and bounds, and millions of readers, viewers, and listeners every month.
As a guy who started writing online hoping he could one day have 1000 readers a day, this is pretty wild growth.
And today we’re beginning a new aspect of the company — we are launching Outkick VIP, a subscriber only area of the website that will cost $99 a year and will exist entirely behind a paywall. (There will be no monthly subscriptions).
You can sign up for Outkick VIP. (Yes, we have a bunch of new awesome shirts for Outkick, you get one free if you sign up for Outkick, but you have to use the code “freeshirt” and have the Outkick VIP subscription in your cart.)
So what do you get for $99?
1. You get an Outkick shirt of your choice. (We’re debuting brand new shirts today, including an anti-MSESPN shirt which I’m confident we are going to immediately sell out of.)
2. You get to attend Outkick VIP events in the biggest Outkick markets in the country. These will be scheduled over the next year, but plans are to do Outkick VIP events in Nashville, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Birmingham, NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Memphis, Knoxville, Washington, D.C., St. Louis, Kansas City, in Florida on 30A and probably in a decent number of college towns and additional cities as well. It’s possible that there will be no tickets offered for these events because I think the VIP members may well gobble up all the available spots.
The plan is also to do our first ever Vegas weekend. But that Vegas weekend will be extremely limited in scope and my bet is no one outside VIP will get a chance to go.
3. Outkick VIP will feature my college football picks on Sunday afternoon. The minute the lines go live I will tell you which sides I’m betting. I will still post my picks on Wednesday at noon, but by then lines will have moved a great deal. Will the picks make you money? No promises, but they’ve been pretty damn good over the past four years. Maybe this year I’ll suck, but you can decide whether to roll with me or not.
4. Outkick’s Vegas insider Todd Fuhrman will be inside Outkick VIP dispensing gambling advice to those of you who may have questions about gambling, but not know how to get good information.
5. You’ll have a personal profile in Outkick VIP and we’ll also have a message board. My hope is that you guys can use the profiles and message board as a way to connect with other Outkick fans in your cities, towns and states. Consistently when I’m traveling and meet Outkick readers, viewers, and listeners I’m impressed by the crew. And I think you guys will be too.
So for $99 a year you get a shirt which costs around $30 after shipping, an ability to attend an Outkick VIP event with me in your town or a town near you, gambling picks and a gambling tutor, and all of that is yours for $99 a year. That’s a little over $8 a month, less than $2 a week.
I tried to price it so that it was high enough to eliminate the riffraff, but not too expensive so that regular guys and girls who wanted to join couldn’t afford to do so. I think it’s a pretty damn good value. So sign up or admit you’re cheap and/or poor.
ALSO, NOTHING WITH THE SITE WILL CHANGE AT ALL OTHERWISE. THIS IS AN ADDITION NOT A SUBTRACTION. (Yet go check the comments on social media and look at how many idiots won’t understand this.)
The simple truth is this — we pay for things we really like in America. No entertainment is free. I’ve been contemplating this idea for several years and the time is right. I suspect that quite a few of you will sign up and enjoy this feature, but it’s also an experiment – I don’t know for sure exactly how popular it will be or how many of you will sign up. But I do know that this is a way for Outkick to potentially expand a great deal on the written content side. If you want quality written content on this site from a variety of voices, I think you’re going to have to pay for it online in the near future.
And if as many as you sign up for Outkick VIP as I expect, then we’ll be adding additional writers to the site in short order.
But, again, I don’t know for sure, this is an experiment, just like launching Outkick was six years ago. And regardless, it definitely can’t go worse than my pant selling experiment, right?
Sign up here. (Use the coupon code “freeshirt” at checkout. There has to be a Outkick VIP membership in your checkout order or it doesn’t work).
And welcome to Outkick VIP.
17 Pings & Trackbacks
Pingback:cvv dumps shop
Pingback:scooters in honolulu
Pingback:Phygitalization of Retail
Pingback:Best dmt crystal for sale
Pingback:sportsbet io giriş
Pingback:steyr scout for sale
Pingback:go x scooters