Steve Herz is a sports and news media agent and president of The Montag Group, an agency founded by Sandy Montag that represents clients like John Madden, Mike Tirico, Bob Costas, Jim Nantz, Scott Van Pelt, Dick Vitale, and Holly Rowe. He recently published the book “Don’t Take Yes for an Answer” and joined Outkick to discuss it:
- The AWE acronym — Authority, Warmth, Energy, and why it matters in going from good to great
- The counterintuitive idea that masks can actually help us communicate better
- The transition of viewers from sports talk to news talk, and whether and to what extent that migration will continue
- If he ever would want to leave agency work to run a media organization
- Setting up 10+ married couples
- Watching the Jimmy V ESPY speech from in the first few rows
Hope you enjoy!